Criticism of the Keymander Keyboard Adapter and Mouse

Although it may be a sin to say, I'm not a good mouse and keyboard player. I understand the benefits of using them - especially in a first person shooting game - but something about it just does not work for me. I prefer to have a handle in hand, and when the opportunity will allow me, I will always opt for a joystick on a mouse combo and keyboard. An opportunity has come out of my comfort zone and try something different, take control of my game device in the opposite direction. So what did it do for me as a forced user of the game joystick?

RuneScape 3 Mobile Guide - Top Things You Should Know! Tip and Tricks

IoGear Keyboard and Mouse Adapter 2 is a compact device designed to take the precision commands of the PC game and bring them to the console of your choice. The connection will allow you to use your favorite mouse and desktop keypad - both wireless or wired as long as it has a USB dongle - to get this desktop experience on your TV. I was intrigued by the idea and quite disconcerted by its small size. By opening the package, I met a lot more than what I had negotiated, but not in the right direction.

The device itself is quite simple during the first inspection: clearly labeled ports, two buttons and a light to indicate when it is properly coupled. Being responsible for the new technology in hand, I opened the instruction manual that took place at an incredible size as a roadmap. The diagram was quite simple and the explanations had a logical sense, but to properly activate the device and make changes to the keyboard and mouse commands, I would need the free application. This makes sense, so I downloaded the application and I configured it. The cables included with the device offer you a range of a few meters from the console of your choice, but the KeyMander 2 light will have all the connected ports when you start to play, so keep in mind that there will be Cables everywhere unless you use wireless devices ... which will only reduce two of the six cables required.

When starting the application and the connection, the indicator is immediately passed to red, informing me that the device was not sufficiently powered to work properly. It comes with a USB power cable to connect to a power supply, but it does not miss any adapter for a wall outlet or a power bar, you will have to have one at your fingertips. With the network of cables placed in front of my TV and enough power to operate it, I plugged into my switch to test a few shooters and see the response time and control entries. The app is simple enough to navigate if you are patient and take your time to clicked everything, but there is no guide on how to use one of the features. There is also no easy way to see the mapping of the default buttons of the mouse and keypads because it certainly did not conform to any FPS control scheme that I had used before, nor did not correspond to the buttons logically Pro controller.

The device may have some recorded predefined mapped options that are exchanged by pressing a button on the KeyMander 2. I configured it for the default Nintendo Switch mapping, increased the intensity of the IPR on the mouse and loaded a game to See what we could do! W and S worked as they should, and ESC showed the switch menu of the switch, which was great. The buttons of the mouse, the space bar and just about everything else did not answer. I could move my view with the mouse, but even after resetting the device and the application - and checked that the dpi was about 12000 - he still moved as if he was at 400. It took several trails to do Turn the camera the least in the world and certainly not optimal.

I spent most of two hours starting other games, tinkering the settings and check the cable jungle between me and the TV. I finally took a break and came back with a new look and started again at zero. There is no doubt that a Streamer would be able to operate this for them in a flash, and maybe my problem was related to the devices I used or to the diet I have plugged in, but I was hoping A simple plug and play experience with a simple re-mapping application to try. Instead, I had a disorganized disorder of cables, incomplete instructions and sometimes the buttons worked. I found myself more and more to enjoy a game joystick than ever before.

The KeyMander 2 keyboard adapter 2 is a promising and unique small material, but for someone who is not incredibly talented in technology, it quickly becomes a disadvantage. Simple but too complex concept, the lack of power supply included, the gigantic instruction manual with limited information and the non-intuitive application required to operate the device take what appears to be a simple plug and play unit and the transforms into a complete set. in his own. The grouped network of heavy cables connected in a lightweight case also allows testing by tests and errors in your room to sit at a comfortable distance from the TV while avoiding the risks of stumbling. It also means that whenever you want to use it, you will need to spend a few minutes configuring it and synchronize it with your phone each time you want to switch between the console and your mouse and keyboard keypad. This is perhaps a great appliance for unconditional fans of mouse and keyboard, but for casual players looking for a Plug and Play option, you may want to stick to this controller.

Comments